Friday, January 23, 2015

January 23, 2015

Lot's of housekeeping took place today, Mr. Correa talked until 11:55 today discussing important matters about thesis, graduation, prom, etc.


I was planning on talking about the articles I posted last class on this blog, but I need to focus on moving on with my project instead of just critiquing articles. Instead of talking about the problem, I need to now be focusing on the ways I can fix the problem.


I have my two judges so I'm going to send them the final presentation schedules and I will get that to Mr. Correa as soon as possible.


Right now, I want to focus on my final presentation's layout that way I know what remaining research I must accomplish to fill in the holes in my project.


Equipment and Technology - need to talk about implementation

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9875758/nfl-end-official-helmet-deal-riddell-2013-14-season

One big step in my direction is the fact that the NFL has no single "official" helmet sponsor. This was in due part to the ongoing concussion settlement:

"While the NFL reached a $765 million settlement with former players on its concussion litigation, thousands of former players are still suing Riddell, claiming the helmet manufacturer, among other things, overemphasized how much the helmet could prevent brain injury."

I want to look into the cost of implementing MIPS technology and helmets into the game and also technology that can record the amount of force a player receives from a tackle.




Rules and Regulation - need to implement Seahawk tackling


Start my draft for changes in the rulebook concerning spear tackling, and helmet to helmet collisions, etc.


Legislation - need to reform legislation, probably focus on Texas (reason being our state) and Mississippi (last state to pass legislation)


Next class I will get back into the swing of things and start posting my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment