Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Thesis Progress

I'm must likely going to start bringing my laptop to class from now on as that is where my presentation is and that is where all my progress and work is.


I've started working on my presentation and I will recall as much as I have done up until this point:


To me, an introduction and a conclusion are what make a presentation. You can have all the facts and data and everything that you could possibly want, but if it's not delivered in a way that makes you remember the information and step back and say "wow" then the presentation completely failed what it was suppose to do: get the message across. I've started working on my introduction and I have the script of it on my computer at home, so I will post that script on next times blog. I will summarize to the greatest extent that I can of what my introduction deals with and I will explain the importance of it.



Julian Edelman, of the New England Patriots, is hit by Kam Chancellor, of the Seattle Seahawks, after a twenty-three-yard reception during Super Bowl XLIX.



Julian Edelman's Super Bowl Concussion


Concussion? Before we can even begin to talk about that we have to discuss the blatant no call by the referees. With 10:50 left in the 4th quarter, Patriots down 24-14, Edelman catches a pass thrown down the middle of the field to him, only to make helmet to helmet contact with Seahawk's big bodied strong safety Kam Chancellor. Edelman, miraculously, remains upright and continues to "running": running is in quotes because it was more of a wobble.


What should have happened: 15 yards should have been assessed at the end of the play. Edelman should have gone out immediately to be checked for a concussion, as he visibly showed clear symptoms of a concussion.


What actually happened: None of the above. A flag was never thrown. Edelman never even left the game. He played the remaining of the Patriots snaps. I can't post the videos of the plays that clearly show Edelman dazed and confused, but I show them in my presentation,


114.4 million people. Over a third of the nation. That's how many tuned in to watch the Super Bowl. That's also how many tuned in to watch a breakdown of what the NFL had been trying to fix for over a decade now. I can go on and on about this topic, but instead I'll just bottle up my thoughts until next class when I publish my script.



LETRR


LETRR is an acronym I came up with (pronouned like Letter, as in Letterman jacket).


It stands for:

Legislation
Equipment
Technology
Rules
Regulation


Obviously equipment and technology go together as does rules and regulation, but for the sake of the acronym I split them up, even though I will be presenting them as one entity (this makes sense because acronyms are what stick in people's head, LETRR is very memorable as it's tied with Letterman Jackets that football players wear.)


Right now I'm focusing on the implementation of ET, equipment and technology as seen by my last thesis post on MIPS. I still have to talk about Neuromuscular mouthgards, Shockbox helmets, Neck Rolls, no helmet/leather helmet, rule book alteration and combinations, and I have a newspaper article to present that deals more with the technology aspect of fixing the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment