Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 6

I updated my resume and sent it to my thesis adviser, Mr. Correa. I am planning on doing the survey, but with all the problems with the document I'll wait a little to start on that. I'm still looking for a mentor for my project, but I know for certain that I would like a physical therapist who deals with head injuries and concussion management. 
I was linked to this website from a comment on my forum post from last class. I'll look into it some more because, apparently, it is a new company.
Also I'm debating between doing a long thesis/research paper or a presentation on my research. On one hand, a thesis paper would be quite dull but scholarly while a presentation would be more active and lively. I'm leaning towards a presentation of my research.
I've been looking at CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy), which is a progressive degenerative disease of the brain found in athletes with a history of repetitive brain trauma. There is a direct relationship between CTE and the death of Junior Seau, a former 10-time All-Pro and 12-time Pro Bowler. 

I also worked some more on my common app questions for my colleges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment