Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Progress

I've overestimated the amount of information I wanted to uncover with my project, so my goal is to fixate on a specific injury and see what I can do to help prevent it.

Initially, I wanted to focus on ACL injuries and have more surrounding information about concussions and various spinal injuries. By doing so, I would have neglected the other injuries and would have ended up with just a rudimentary, surface level analysis of the periphery injuries. Instead, I'm going to focus on one particular sport injury that way I can really understand the injury itself and come up with a well detailed plan to help prevent said injury.

With this said, I have chosen to focus my thesis on concussions in sports, more specifically football. Interestingly enough, UTD and TI are developing a system to help determine what causes concussions and identify athletes at risk of injury.

Here is a link to that article: http://res.dallasnews.com/interactives/2014_February/ticoncussions/

I would really like to work with them and learn more about what they are doing. To conclude, concussions, concussions, and even more concussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment